Terms and Conditions for Coral Social Media Competitions
We’re going to be running a series of promotions on our social media channels, including those on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other channels, each being a “Promotion”. Here are the terms and conditions for them.
- Promotion Dates: We will be running multiple promotions – the Dates of each promotion will be explained in the competition advisory message. For example: “Entries close at 23:59 on 30/11/2023”.
- Entry: Entrants must be aged over 18 (unless otherwise stated in the message launching the competition).
An Entry has to comply with what is asked by Coral in the launch message. This could be to answer a simple question or simply reply to Coral with a keyword. This mechanic will be explained in the message. For Example: “Reply to us saying ‘Winning with Coral’”
- If the promotion is being run through Twitter, all Entrants must be following the specified channel on Twitter. Entrants can enter for multiple competitions on Twitter.
- If successfully drawn as a winner, the entrant will be contacted by Coral. Methods of contact include either receiving a ‘direct message’ from us on Twitter or email from Coral asking for their address and mobile phone number. This is used for sending prizes.
- Prize: The prize will be described in the message launching the competition. For example: “Be in with a chance of winning great Coral gear for a year worth over £1,000”. Prizes will be sent out within 30 days of receiving details by Recorded Delivery to the UK address provided by the winner.
- The promoter of a Promotion on our social media channels is Coral Tools Ltd, Unit G1 Gildersome Spur, Leeds, LS27 7JZ. UK (“Coral”).
- Promotions are open to all customers of Coral who are UK residents, excluding employees of Corall, or any of its subsidiary companies, their families, agents or anyone else connected with this promotion. No third-party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. Coral reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants. Coral may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry and the prize may be withheld until and unless Coral is satisfied with the verification.
- Each Promotion runs during the Promotion Dates set out in the launch message until the specified Closing Date. Entries received after this date and time will not be entered into the Promotion.
- The instructions provided at the point of entry form part of the terms & conditions of this Promotion, and in the event of a conflict, these terms & conditions take precedence.
- (a) Where the Promotion is a prize draw, the winner(s) will be selected at random from all eligible entries received; (b) Where the Promotion is a competition, the winner shall be determined by way of the objective criteria explained in the launch message, and a panel of judges (including at least one independent member) shall determine the winner. In each case, each winner will be notified within a reasonable time after the selection date either by ‘direct message’, email, mail or telephone. The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at Coral′s discretion.
- Coral will not be responsible for any inability of a prize winner to take up the specified prize.
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, where the prize requires attendance at a specific venue, the winner and any permitted companions will be solely responsible for travel to and from the venue and all other expenses. Coral assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a Prize. Any additional terms of entry specified by the venue will also apply.
- Coral reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize(s) become unavailable for reasons beyond its control. Cash or credit alternatives will not be offered. None of the prizes are transferable. Events may occasionally be cancelled for reasons outside Coral’s control. Coral will endeavour to promptly update any relevant information but cannot issue refunds for texts sent or calls made before this occurs (where applicable). Coral will not be liable for any change of date or venue or cancellation of any event.
- Coral accepts no responsibility for incorrectly completed, lost or delayed entries, notices, acceptances, tickets or other documents related to the Prize(s).
- In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting the proper operation of a Promotion, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, Coral reserves the right to end or suspend the Promotion; amend these terms & conditions; declare void the notification of winner(s); and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is held invalid by any law, rule, order or regulation of any government, or by the final determination of any court of a competent jurisdiction, such invalidity shall not affect the enforceability of any other provisions not held to be invalid.
- The winner(s) may be required to participate in publicity connected with a Promotion and it is a condition of entry that the winner(s) agree to their name and country of residence being made publicly available if they win.
- The names of the major winner(s) may be obtained by sending a signed handwritten request along with a stamped self-addressed envelope detailing your request to the Marketing Team, Coral Tools Ltd, Unit G1 Gildersome Spur, Leeds, LS27 7JZ. UK, and marked with the name of the relevant Promotion.
- Entrants’ data will be collected, stored and processed for the purposes of administering and assessing a Promotion. If a prize includes tickets to an event then for the purpose of administering the ticket allocation, Coral reserves the right to exchange information and data regarding tickets and applications with third party ticket providers and/or service providers.
- Coral’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Coral reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend a Promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice and by continuing to take part in the Promotion subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, entrants shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.
- Promotions and these terms are governed by English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Some of our competitions will be run on Facebook. If you’re entering a competition through Facebook, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. By entering the Promotion, you are providing information to Coral and not to Facebook and you release Facebook from any liability associated with the Promotion.
- When entering images into competitions to be used at our venues, please be aware this would mean we own the image from there on in. So even if you delete/remove the entered image, it will remain in our possession to use in our marketing.
- Unless otherwise stipulated, rights to receive any Prize are not transferable or exchangeable.
- Coral accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an entrant winning a Prize. Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
- Any costs associated with accessing social media channels are your responsibility and are dependent on the internet service provider you use.
- Coral has the sole discretion and final decision in determining whether any entries posted by you should remain on the wall or be disqualified and/or removed from the wall. You, unless Coral advises otherwise, license and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such entries for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
- No Entry shall contain any language or imagery which Coral deems, in its sole and absolute discretion, to be inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, or that promotes discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age. Coral reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entry that contains any such language or imagery or which otherwise may be in violation of any law.
- Any form of automated entry, including by the use of macros, scripts or bots, will be disqualified.
- Caution: any attempt to cause damage to any website or the information on any website associated with this promotion or to otherwise undermine the fair and legitimate operation of this promotion may be a violation of laws. Coral reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law in the event that any such attempt is made, whether or not that attempt results in any such damage, interference or undermining.