Coral Tools Ltd ('CORAL') methodically creates innovative and proprietary products and aggressively pursues UK and International Patents, Design Rights, Trademarks, and Passing Off enforcement. We take our inventions and product designs seriously and expect both our competition and trade partners to do the same. CORAL vigorously protects all intellectual property rights and seeks court orders stopping the sale of the infringing products plus substantial monetary damages and legal costs. We have some of the best intellectual property enforcement available and have a global reach at all levels of the trade channel including manufacturing, import / export, customs, distribution and retail.
CORAL’s Intellectual Property includes, but is not limited to, the trademarks CORAL, our product designs, product names, product packaging, web site designs and other copyrighted materials such as graphic symbols, logos, icons, images, video footage (including Coral videos on YouTube), advertisements, catalogues, product descriptions, social media artwork and user instructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use CORAL’s Intellectual Property?
If you would like to use CORAL’s Intellectual Property, please submit your detailed request in writing (see contact us page).
Please include the following information:
- The specific Intellectual Property for which you are querying
- Surrounding copy or text (if any) to the Intellectual Property you wish to use
- How CORAL and its products fit into your project
- Applicable deadlines if any
We will consider your request and depending on the nature of your use, either give or refuse our permission.
I’m an authorised CORAL Distributor or Retailer. Can I use CORAL’s Intellectual Property?
Yes, you are allowed to use CORAL’s Intellectual Property as an Authorised User. However, your use must be in accordance with the following policy and guidelines.
CORAL’s Intellectual Property are valuable assets.
In following the policy and guidelines, you help us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. This in turn helps maintain and increase the appeal of the CORAL products you are distributing.
IF YOUR ARE NOT AN AUTHORISED USER AND ARE USING CORAL'S INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES WITHOUT OUR WRITTEN PERMISSION, YOUR USE MAY CONSTITUTE INFRINGEMENT AND UNFAIR COMPETITION UNDER LOCAL LAWS, AND MAY RESULT IN CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES.
I have an idea for a product design or a product name. Can I send CORAL my idea?
As a matter of policy, CORAL do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, particularly those for new products or designs, product enhancements or new product names. This is to avoid potential misunderstandings or disputes in the event that CORAL’s products might seem similar to ideas that you submitted.
THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD NOT SEND ANY UNSOLICITED IDEAS OR ORIGINAL CREATIVE WORKS ("SUBMISSIONS") IN ANY FORM TO CORAL OR ITS EMPLOYEES.
Should we receive any such submissions from you despite the above notice, then the following terms shall apply to your submissions, regardless of what your accompanying message says.
TERMS OF UNSOLICITED IDEA SUBMISSION
- THERE WILL BE NO COMPENSATION TO YOU WHATSOEVER FOR THE SUBMISSIONS; AND
- CORAL IS NOT OBLIGED TO REVIEW THE SUBMISSIONS.
Authorised User's Policy & Guidelines
CORAL Trademarks: Ownership & Goodwill
- By using the CORAL trademark(s), in whole or in part, you are acknowledging that Coral Tools Ltd is the sole owner of the trademark and agreeing that you will not interfere with Coral Tools Ltd’s rights in the trademark, including challenging its use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute the CORAL trademark.
- The goodwill derived from using the CORAL trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Coral Tools Ltd. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted here, no other rights of any kind are granted to you, by implication or otherwise.
Proper Use of the CORAL Trademarks & Copyrighted Materials
- YOU MAY use the CORAL trademarks and copyrighted materials in promotional, advertising, sales, instructional, or reference materials ONLY in relation to CORAL branded products.
- YOU MAY use the CORAL trademarks and copyrighted materials ONLY in conjunction with the terms that define your commercial relationship with Coral Tools Ltd. For example, any restrictions regarding territory or sales on online auction platforms must be strictly adhered to.
- YOU MUST NEVER imitate the distinctive CORAL product packaging, web site design, logos, or typefaces.
- YOU MUST NEVER use the CORAL trademarks and copyrighted materials in a manner that would imply CORAL’s affiliation with or endorsement, sponsorship, or support of your own product or a third-party product.
- YOU MUST NEVER register, in whole or in part, CORAL trademarks as or as part of a trademark, domain name, social media handle or company name in any territory, without the express written permission of CORAL.
- YOU MUST NEVER use, in whole or in part, CORAL trademarks as or as part of a domain name, trade name, social media handle or company name in any territory, without the express written permission of CORAL.
The restrictions in 5 and 6 also apply to a variation, phonetic equivalent, foreign language equivalent or abbreviation of CORAL.